Saturday, February 18, 2012

Volunteers opportunities in Uganda, East Africa


I grew up in seventies as a child but I remember of not having seen any chemical application in our gardens and believe me we hard food in abundance .Now with the most sophisticated applications of chemicals in our gardens and farms there is now a very low yield and there is also quite a number of families which go without food for a day!
This kind of arrangement always puzzles me and I tend to wonder whether our communities in Africa will   survive with this kind of hash situation, but some thing also comes to my mind and I ask my self that, is my community really suffering because of having many people? Actually the answer is no, because the over populated communities like those found in India and China would be burying people every now and then because of hunger.
Then, what can we really do in order to curb the hunger problem in my community? Well I think we should adopt some new applicable methods of farming, for example we always get a lot of grass during the rainy seasons and people just look at it because their culture tell them that grass just grows by itself and that we should always wait for God to give us rain so as to feed our animals, but I believe, once we happen to get some volunteers from other places and come and teach our folks, they will learn probably how to conserve their animal food by say making hay. Believe me this kind of training by some volunteers from some where will have an impact on my people because people are always interested in learning new things from visitors rather than we who lives with them in our villages. I believe and think that a single move of say, where by a volunteer from another land will be teaching my people how to make hay and save it in some locally made bans will have a big impact in my community because my people’s animals will not starve for food and hence, this will improve their standard of living and then make our community become more healthier.
I, well know that there are volunteers somewhere on this globe who are really willing to come and help my community of Butoolo parish,Kammengo,Mpigi District,Uganda, Please we humbly invite you to come and assist us in some  modern farming skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment